So much has been written and said regards this area. We have often asked what makes a good leader? Are leaders made or are they born? In the tactical world what constitutes a good leader?
Some thoughts on leadership in the tactical world...
- A good leader always gives orders in his/her own name
- A good leader leads by example
- A good leader takes care of those in his/her charge
- A good leader stands behind the Commander when unpopular decisions have to made and unpopular tasks have to be executed
- A good leader keeps those in his charge informed always
- A good leader makes the right decisions irregardless whether they are popular or not
- A good leader puts mission accomplishment and success as the top priority
So tactical types out there....thoughts? Let me hear them...and what leadership problems or positives have have you encountered and or experienced?